Wednesday, March 8, 2017

WHAT IS MOD BLOND?


When I was given the option to choose between creating an online magazine or a film opening for my Foundation Portfolio Project, the answer was clear. As someone who has been running a blog for the majority of her high school career and reads online magazines almost religiously, I am very familiar with the layout and knew I would be extremely comfortable in creating my own. Therefore choosing an online magazine for this project was a given.

As I mentioned before, I have been running my own blog, Mod Blond, since the end of my sophomore year in high school. The blog focuses around all fashion, beauty, and lifestyle aspects that are aimed primarily towards millennials. This experience serves as an advantage to this project because not only do I have a magazine title already, but I am also accustomed to writing for the specific audience. Therefore, my Foundation Portfolio Project will identically be, a fashion magazine titled Mod Blond aimed towards young women.

Mod
/mäd/ adjective
Defintion: Modern, twenty-first century, new, stylish.

Blond
/bländ/ adjective
Definition: Fair or pale yellow color of hair.

When learning about magazine, blog, and even movie titles in my media studies class an important tip that was emphasized again and again was having a catchy, easy-to-say title. Mod Blond is short, quick, and even fun to say. The name represents the "new" definition of a blonde, or even females for that matter. By the time I'm done with my blog and this online magazine people will have forgotten "dumb-blonde" was even a saying.

(Side Note: When visiting the Mod Blond website my/the writer's name is shown as "Emma Winckelmann." For personal reasons I decided to change my name on the blog to this as opposed to using "Emma Sanchez.")

                                                 













No comments:

Post a Comment