Monday, March 13, 2017

TABLE OF CONTENTS: THE BRAINSTORM

In order to better prepare myself in creating and publishing my online magazine. I wanted to have as much planning and brainstorming as possible for things such as my two page spread, cover image, cover lines, and table of contents.

Today I began researching all about the table of contents and cover lines within fashion magazines. As the research process goes, I googled some questions and immediately began taking notes.

Designing the Perfect Table of Contents: 50 Examples to Show You How:
- Use a gradient. The still life universe spices up an otherwise traditional layout by using a beautiful gradient.
- Try a type-centric approach. Some magazines list their content and use color accents to arrive at sophisticated table of contents looks.
- Use a grid. Neat grid layouts have a bit of an electric feel.
- Use a bold typeface. Chapter names set in big, bold type which tend to lead towards contemporary aesthetics.

In my Media Studies class an important tip my teacher gave us was having interesting story titles in our table of contents. By doing so, when readers open up to see what stories or articles will be found, they will be interested and extremely tempted to flip through and read all about it.

Although I have yet to create my table of contents, my story titles will definitely be influenced by the fashion world, surrounding current fashion trends, styling tips, and celebrity looks for less. Much like my two page layout brainstorming blog post!



No comments:

Post a Comment