Friday, March 10, 2017

CREATE

Today I began looking for websites where I could create free online magazines. The top options were Yumpu, Lucidpress, and Madmagz. The platform that impressed me the most was Yumpu because of its minimalistic, fresh, simple style. The templates seemed like they would be easy to use with fashion content.


The next step in creating my online magazine is determining the aesthetic and look I am trying to achieve throughout it. I want to use something that reflects my personal style yet also includes the common features found in successful magazines today such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar that attracts the everyday woman. The majority of my inspiration comes from modern, chic, and clean templates, fonts, and layouts. Although the colors black and white are considered "bland" and "boring," I believe with the right format and little pops of color they exceed the "liveliness" of all the other colors combined in a magazine.

If I'm going to be writing for young women, I don't want to have a rainbow color palette for the magazine. It would end up looking too childish and immature. I want to have a serious, contemporary, yet "mod" look!

No comments:

Post a Comment