Sunday, March 19, 2017

DECISIONS DECISIONS

After scratching off, ripping up, and changing multiple ideas. I have finally chosen to do my two page spread on styling outfits. The title of my spread will be, "BLACK & WHITE BUT SO MUCH LIFE". The article will be based on styling simple and contemporary black and white outfits but adding light touches of color such as, a red lip, a bold bag, fun shoes, or even crazy hair.

I decided on this idea as my two page spread choice because not only does it reflect my personal style, it also is something young, modern women struggle with everyday. The colors black and white are being seen immensely throughout the majority of popular department stores and boutiques. This is an effect from the minimalism wave being brought upon us by the millennials. Although these colored pieces are being sold everywhere, the majority of women struggle with styling them without looking too boring or bland. In the article I will talk about ways in which you can spice up these outfits and where to find specific pieces.


Additionally, for the table of contents I chose article titles that fall under the same spectrum as my two page spread. For example, "Q&A WITH DESIGNER MARC JACOBS" and "DIFFERENT BOOT STYLES FOR EVERY BODY TYPE". Having similar topic articles throughout the magazine will draw in the attention of the reader allowing them to want to read the whole publication rather than just one article or even worse none because they don't think it is "worth" it. Overall I am excited to begin writing my two page spread and most importantly begin shooting for it as well! decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment