Thursday, April 6, 2017

SOMETHING(S) GO RIGHT

After the past two mishaps that I had, I finally had some luck.

Ever since I had written my two page spread article, I wasn't completely convinced with the title I had originally thought of, "Black & White is Always Right." It threw me off and I felt like it was young and immature. I told myself to continue working and get back to it later on (keep in mind this was extremely difficult considering I am a perfectionist).

Yesterday however, I had an epiphany. It's hard to explain it in writing but by new title will now be "Black & What" similar to the overused "Black & White." What I was planning on doing in order to be more creative, was in a regular font write out "Black & White" but on photoshop get a marker effect font and draw a line over the "White" and type above it "WHAT?" in the same marker font.

As mentioned in previous blog posts, my article is about styling black and white outfits yet adding pops of bold touches such as purses, makeup, and accessories. Since I am planning on crossing off the "White" I was also planning to just do black outfits with additions of color. I think this will correlate more to the title. For this reason, I guess I am lucky things turned out the way they did with the photoshoot raincheck... more time to plan.

Additionally, I finally found out how to upload my already created page onto Joomag to create the magazine, it was a simple mistake and clearly I wasn't looking hard enough. I simply have to download and "already created PDF" and add pages onto it afterwards. I am so excited to finally see the majority of my work all out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment